SPECIAL INTERNSHIP OPENING: Gallery & Exhibitions Internship for Fence Show 2019
The Arts Center is seeking a Gallery and Exhibitions Intern for the 2019 Fence Show.
Students in this department will work closely with the Curator. An interest in museum and gallery works, visual arts, and not-for-profits arts management is highly desired.
Required Dates of Service:
- Artwork Drop Off: 5/3, 5/4, 5/5
- Artwork Return: 6/7, 6/8, 6/9
- Installation: Week of 5/6
- Hours Vary, Please inquire for more info.
Duties in this position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with research, coordination, and installation/de-installation of exhibitions
- Communicating with artists, assisting with exhibit programming, and execution of shows
- Assist with artist receptions and other gallery related events
Candidate requirements: High degree of maturity and responsibility, detail oriented, creative, flexible schedule (with some shifts after 5 PM), has some experience with various art mediums. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; Ability to read measurements, problem solve, and work independently. Candidate preferred skills: Knowledge of basic hand/power tools. Knowledge of basic Adobe programs is highly desired.
This is an unpaid internship and we will look at applicants with gallery & exhibition experience first.
Please submit a resume to the email [email protected] with the subject including: Fence Show Internship